Rebecca, has made some fabulous projects using the new Poinsettia Christmas collection from Chloes Creative Cards, and she has designed a selection of projects especially for the blog. Todays first Christmas cardmaking project features a stunning project using the new Grande Poinsettia stamp and die set, along with the fabulous new foiled paper pad - which if it hasn't already I'm sure it will be falling into your basket soon as the patterns are just stunning!
What you'll need to make this project -
- Chloes Creative Cards Grande Poinsettia Stamp and Die Set
- Chloes Creative Cards Winter Foliage Stamp and Die Set
- Chloes Creative Cards Holly Tag Stamp and Die Set
- WOW Embossing Glitters in Diamond White, Icicle, Sage Sparkle and Light Frost
- Sparkelicious glitter in Crystalina, Glitzen, Frosted Blue, Sky’s the Limit and Grasshopper
- Chloes Luxury Pearl Paper Aquamarine
- Chloes Luxury Pearl Card Crystal White
- Chloes Creative Cards 8x8 Foiled Paper Pad Festive Fancies
- Chloes Creative Cards Sparkling Christmas mirror card pad
- Chloes Creative Cards Sparkling Christmas glitter card pad
- Chloes Creative Cards Metal Die Set - 8 x 8 Basic Circles
- Chloes Creative Cards Metal Die Set - 8 x 8 Basic Squares
- Heat resistant acetate
- Self Adheisve Rhinestones and Pearls
- Wow Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- Foam pads
- Collall 3D Glue Gel
- Art Glitter Dries Clear Glue
- Fine Tip Applicator
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Speckled egg Ink Pad
- 8x8 card blank
- Chisel tip glue pen
- Die cutting machine
- WOW Heat Tool
How to make this project -
- First, using the plain square nesting dies cut number 2 from silver glitter card and number 3 from pattered paper. Matt and layer onto the card blank using dries clear glue. Using the square dies again cut number 5 from blue mirror card - affix too the card using foam pads. Cut number die number 6 from one of the poinsettia patterned papers.
- Using speckled egg distress ink, ink over the centres of the poinsettias on the paper to add a little colour. Also add a rhinestone to the centre of each. Affix to the card using dries clear glue.
- Using the circle dies cut number 9 from silver glitter card (affix to the card using foam pads) number 10 from pattered paper (affix using dries clear glue) and 14 from crystal white pearl card. Use a chisel tip glue pen to apply glue round the edge of the circle and cover in Crystalina glitter. Affix to the card using foam pads.
- Stamp out the grande poinsettia onto some aquamarine paper three times and heat emboss using diamond white embossing powder. Use the co ordinating die to cut out the flowers. Shape by creating a valley fold down each petal. Add dots of dries clear glue onto each petal and cover in frosted blue glitter. Glue into the Center of the white circle, offsetting each flower, using 3d glue gel.
- Stamp another grande poinsettia onto heat resistant acetate and heat emboss using diamond white embossing powder. Add a few dots of glue to each petal and cover in glitzen sparkleicious glitter. Affix to the centre of the poinsettia using 3d glue gel.
- Cover 3 flat back pearls in dries clear glue and cover in sky’s the limit sparkleicious glitter. Once dry affix to the centre of the poinsettia using 3d glue gel.
- Using the winter foliage stamp stamp the 3 leaf holly onto some crystal white card and embossing using sage sparkle wow powder. Cut out using the matching die. Cover leaves in dries clear glue and grasshopper glitter. Cover the berries in glue and red poinsettia glitter. Using 3d glue gel tuck in behind the grande poinsettia.
- Stamp and emboss the double branch stamp using icicle wow powder. Die cut using the matching die. Using 3d glue gel tuck in behind the grande poinsettia.
- Stamp one of the sentiments from the tag stamp and die set onto some crystal white card, emboss using light frost wow powder. Trim using a guillotine and matt and layer onto aquamarine paper. Trim and affix to the card using a double layer of foam pads.
Is this a project you'll be recreating for your Christmas cards this year? Rebecca has made this one in a contemporary icy blue colour theme but by switching the colours up to traditional reds and golds this card could be made into a stunning more traditional project too!
We'd love to see your makes inspired by this project so be sure to post them in the Stamps by Chloe Facebook Group!