This craft tutorial needs no introduction but we bet you'll be making stars in their hundreds after this quick and fun tutorial.
This Geometric Star is made using our Geometric Star Die from Chloes Creative Cards, that allows you to cut perfect star shapes in both paper and card, quickly and easily!
For today's project we've chosen to use some products from our new Box Kit Issue 9 including our reflective blue A4 Vista Mirror Card, however, feel free to create this using any colour of card and Sparkelicious glitter you like to match the rest of your Christmas decorations.
You will need:
- Chloes Creative Cards Geometric Star Die
- Chloes Creative Cards Christmas Sentiment Builder Stamp and Die Set
- WOW Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Superfine
- Sparkelicious Glitter in Frosted Blue
- Chloes Creative Cards Luxe Ribbon in Sparkling Silver and Night Sky
- Chloes Creative Cards - Festive Fancies Bling Box
- Chloes Creative Cards Mirror Card - Vista
- Chloes Creative Cards Luxury Pearl Card - Vista
- Art Glitter Dries Clear Glue and Metal Fine Tip Applicator
- Red liner tape
- Collall 3D glue gel
- WOW Clear Embossing Ink Pad
- Take the geometric die set and cut the largest outer shape die, 3 times out of Mista Mirror Card (from the sparkling Christmas mirror card pad). Using the geometric shape and the smaller outer die and cut 3 times into Vista Pearl Card (from the winter wonderland paper and card stack).
- Affix the geometric shape to the larger mirror and matt using dries clear glue. Repeat for the 3 stars. Fold each star in half. Before attaching the three pieces together add a piece of Sparkling Silver ribbon into the centre at the top of the star shaping into a loop. Also add about 5 strips of Night Sky Ribbon to the bottom of the star. Affix all stars together using red liner tape.
- Apply dries clear glue to all of the lines on the geometric shape and cover in Frosted Blue Sparkelicious glitter.
- Stamp out a sentiment from the Christmas sentiment builder set onto blue pearl card and heat emboss using Opaque Bright White WOW embossing powder. Trim into a tag shape using a guillotine. Affix to the top of the star on one side using 3D glue gel.
- Tie a triple bow using Sparkling Silver Luxe Ribbon and affix to the top of the star using 3D glue gel. Add a crystal to the centre of the bow.
I hope you've loved creating this beautiful star Christmas decoration as much as we have.It's such a quick and fun craft project to make at home card-making, so why not try creating a garland of these cute cards stars using this guide?