Glynis has created a real treat for us today with this lovely lilac Summer Flower greetings card. This free step-by-step card-making tutorial takes you through how to re-create these incredible lace embellishments on your cards using our new Metal Lacy Die Sets.
This super easy to use cutting dies allow you to create the most detailed lace cut-outs for your cards in record timing, so no more hand cramp and strained eyes cutting these out by hand!
This card tutorial is filled with detail, from the hints of floral detail on the base card using the brand new Geometric Watercolour Foiled Paper Pad from our Summer Blooms Collection and the 3D glittered lilac Summer Flowers that take centre stage!
I know you are going to LOVE creating this beautiful card at home and I can't wait to see all of your fabulous creations on our Facebook page.
What you'll need:
- Chloes Creative Cards 8x8 Metal Die Set - Lacy Squares
- Chloes Creative Cards Sugared Pastels Mirror Card Pad
- Chloes Creative Cards Geometric Rainbow Foiled Paper Pad
- Chloes Creative Cards Summer Foliage Stamp and Die Set
- Chloes Creative Cards Dazzling Foliage Stamp and Die Set
- Chloes Creative Cards Happy Birthday Stamp and Die Set
- Chloes Creative Cards Sugared Pastels Bling Box
- Chloes Creative Cards Summer Flower Cut and Emboss Folder
- Sparkelicious Glitter in Caribbean Sunset, Diamante Sparkle and Sunset Boulevard
- Chloes Luxury Pearl Card - Amethyst
- White Card
- Art Glitter Dries Clear PVA Glue
- WOW clear embossing ink pad
- WOW Metallic SuperFine Embossing Powder - Metallic Gold
- Heat gun
- Die Cutting Machine
- Chloes Creative Cards 3mm Foam Pads on a Roll
- 3 Medium Size Pearls
- 8" x 8" Base card
- Using the largest die from the Lacy Square die set, place one side just over the fold on the base card and die cut, score and fold across the middle of the front of the card and bend forward, decorate this part with lilac mirror card from the Sugared Pastels Mirror Card Pad, white card with the four sides glittered with Diamante Sparkle Sparkelicious and piece of the foiled paper from the Geometric Foiled Paper Pad, for the bottom of the card repeat using the same card and colours.
- Cut the second die in the set onto white card and decorate as before and attach to the main card with foam pads. Using a mixture of the foliage from the Summer and Dazzling Foliage Stamp and Die Sets stamp onto white card using the WOW Metallic Gold Embossing Powder, glitter with the Caribbean Sunset, Diamante Sparkle and Sunset Boulevard Sparkelicious and jewels from the Sugared Bling Box.
- Cut and emboss numerous flowers from the Summer Flower Cut and Emboss Folder in Amethyst Pearl Card, glitter around the petals with the Diamante Sparkle Sparkelicious, mould and shape the petals and attach together, glitter the pearls with the Sunset Boulevard Sparkelicious and attach to each flower when dry.
- Arrange and secure the Summer Flower and foliage to the top part of the card using Collall 3D Glue Gel.
- Die cut the Happy Birthday in lilac mirror card, cut the outer die from the set in white, mat and layer together and attach to the base card with foam pads.
- Dot the Art Glitter Glue into the middle of the flowers on the Geometric paper and glitter with Sunset Boulevard Sparkelicious.
I hope you've loved making this lovely lilac lacy die card tutorial from Glynis today. It really is a show-stopper, especially the detailing our new Metal Lacy Dies give all the layers!