Today, we're sharing this bright and cheery birthday card that's an explosion of colour! Talented Design Team member, Rebecca has used a variety of items from the brand-new Leafy Lace collection to make this fabulous creation.
Read on for a full step-by-step project tutorial, complete with full materials list. To view the product page for each individual product, simply click on the product name and you'll be directed to its dedicated page.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Leafy Lace Collection:
- 8x8” Leafy Lace metal die set
- Leafy Lace Hexagon metal die set
- Leafy Foliage metal die set
- Berry Foliage metal die set
- Birthday Happiness stamp set
- Summer Florals 8x8” paper pad
- Bloom Flower stamp and die set
- WOW! embossing powders – Metallic Silver Sparkle and Metallic Silver Superfine
- Sparkelicious Glitter – Fiesta and Crystallina
- Pearl card – Aquamarine, Rose Quartz, and Crystal White
- Pearl paper – Aquamarine, Rose Quartz, and Kunzite
- Bling Box – Spring Collection
- Ranger Distress oxide inkpads – Shabby Shutters, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, and Peacock Feathers
- WOW! clear embossing inkpad
- Art Glitter Dries-Clear PVA glue with fine-tip applicator
- Pinflair 3D glue gel
- Chloe’s Creative Cards Chisel-tip Glue Pen
- Foam pads on a roll
- White straight-edged 8x8” card blank
- Heat tool
- Die-cutting machine
1 Trim a sheet of Rose Quartz pearl card to 7¾” square. Apply glue to the edges with a chisel-tip glue pen and cover in Crystallina Sparkelicious glitter then affix to the card using Dries-Clear PVA glue.
2 Die-cut die number one from the 8x8” Leafy Lace die set from Crystal White pearl card and affix to the card using foam pads. Die-cut die number two from patterned paper and affix to the card using foam pads. Die-cut die number four from Aquamarine pearl card. Matt and layer onto white card, leaving a very small border, then affix onto the card at an angle using foam pads. Die-cut die number five from Crystal White pearl card and affix onto the card using foam pads.
3 Take die number one from the Hexagon die set and die-cut onto Kunzite pearl card. Die-cut the second die from Azalea pearl card. Affix onto the card using foam pads. Cut die three from Crystal White pearl card. Stamp out a sentiment using clear embossing ink and heat-emboss using Metallic Silver Superfine embossing powder. Affix onto the card using foam pads.
4 Die-cut two large flowers from Aquamarine pearl paper, four medium flowers from Kunzite pearl paper, and four small flowers from Rose Quartz pearl paper. Stamp the centre detail using the coordinating stamps using a clear embossing inkpad. Heat-emboss using Metallic Silver Sparkle embossing powder. Apply Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink to the centre of the Aquamarine flowers, Wilted Violet ink to the Kunzite flowers, and Picked Raspberry to the Rose Quartz flowers. Shape all flowers by creating a valley fold in each petal. Apply small dots of Dries-Clear PVA glue to the centre of the flowers and cover in Fiesta Sparkelicious glitter. Layer together and then onto the card using 3D glue gel.
5 Die-cut the coordinating stamens from Crystal White pearl card and add to the centre of the flowers. Add a crystal to each, as shown.
6 Die-cut four leaves from white pearl card. Apply a small amount of Shabby Shutters ink to the leaves. Tuck in behind the flowers. Die-cut two sprigs and apply Shabby Shutters ink to the leaves. Add a few crystals to the sprigs, then tuck in behind the flowers. To finish the card, add a few crystals to the corners of the card.
I hope you've found this pretty, colourful card tutorial informative and that it's inspired you to create your own version!